Honouring the old apophatic tradition, that stated that nothing can be said about god exempt what god is not, this series tries to communicate, god, faith, church and christianity by what it is not. Thank you Jim for the headlines.
- God is not a belief-system.
- Jesus is not a religion.
- Christianity is not a check-list.
- Church is not an address.
- The Bible is not a book of doctrines.
- Community is not a meeting.
- Grace has no exceptions.
- Ministry is not a program.
- Art is not carnal.
- Women are not inferior.
- Our humanity is not the enemy.
- Sinner is not our identity.
- Love is not a theory.
- Peace is not a circumstance.
- Science is not secular.
- Sex is not filthy.
- Life is not a warm-up for Heaven
- The world is not without hope.
- There is no “us” and “them.”
- Tattoos are not evil.
- Loving the earth is not satanic.
- Seeing the divine in all things is not heretical.
- Self-actualization is not self-worship.
- Feelings are not dangerous and unreliable.
- The mind is not infallible.
Life is my religion
A deep dive into the theopoetics of life and faith as I know it.
- Life is my religion
- Being alive is my daily spiritual practice
- Love is my rule
- Humankind is my family
- Authentic friendships is my church
- The kingdom of god runs through my veins
- Jesus is my brother
- Becoming and being all that I am is my calling
- Helping you become and be all that you are is my ministry
- My deepest feelings is my guide
- All living things are my teacher
A collection of post around ‘queer theology’, what it means and why it matters.
- A desert Journey
- The centrality of sexuality
- Meeting an adulterous god
- Sex as a sacrament
- Getting down and dirty with god
- Who is queer?
- Jesus in Drag
- Sex at Dawn
- The big masturbation post
- People are still having sex
- Being myself
- Marriage is meaningless
- The Omniamourous god
- The sacrament of coming out of the closet
- Being queer (deleted post, ask me about it)
- In God’s queer image
- First love
LGBTQ and the Church
This series was originally posted on my Swedish blog and suffers from some blemishes due to hasty translation (edited google translate) Please do not be put of by the (sometimes) stumbling language but listen to the heart and spirit of the message
- Double standards
- Pastoral care
- Four possible approaches
- The Salvation Army
- Recommended reading
- Continued conversation
- Coming out
Sexuality in the Song of Songs
This is an essay I wrote during my officers training at William Booth College in London. It scratches the surface of what could be a bible based view on sexuality and sexual ethics if we centred it on the Song of Songs as our main biblical voice in the conversation around sexuality.
Wild at heart
These are some of my thoughts surrounding my ‘Wild at heart experience’ going to Ransomed hearts boot camp and advanced boot camp.